As a tried and tested racing driver, Nico has a widespread knowledge of the motor racing world. From winning three formula E races with Renault Edams to placing first in the Trophee Andros championships in 2010, which was on ice one mustn't forget ! He definitely knows his way around a race car and with the world of racing grinding to a brutal halt in these past few months, Nico thought he should set the record straight and share with the world his most iconic race cars.
So with out further any delay, here are 12 of Nicolas Prost's most iconic/favorite Racecars:
- 1990 Ferrari 641 - We won’t even enter the discussion. There is not even a doubt. This is the most beautiful racing car ever built, with the best ever sounding engine. The MoMa thinks the same.
- AMG-Mercedes DTM C-Klasse 1995 - From probably the best ERA of DTM. A proper touring car, fast car, fast drivers, including Schneider and Franchitti.
- Rothmans Porsche 962 - A great livery, an iconic look that lasted almost 10 years, the Porshce 962 won Daytona 5 times, Sebring 4 times and Le Mans 3 times. Not too bad. Drivers included Derek Bell and Jacky Ickx.
- McLaren Tag Porsche MP4/2C. Ok we might be a bit biased on this one. But this livery and era has put a huge stamp on the history on Formula 1.
- Lancia Delta S4 1986 - This is arguably the most dangerous racing car ever built, the most extreme regulations in the history of motor sport.
- Dupont Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1997 - You think nascar, you think this car. Hard to create something more iconic.
- Target Reynard Honda Champ Car - It was a long deliberation to decide whether the Villeneuve Forsythe or the Tracy/Franchitti Kool livery would take it, but the simple red yellow livery of the Ganassi car takes the trophy. That car looked like a proper beast. Zanardi and Montoya made sure it was ultra succesful.
- 1967 Lotus 49 - There is something simple and pure about this car. Driven by the great Jim Clark. Although it did not eventually give him the title, this is perhaps the definition of a racing car.
- 1973 Tyrell Ford - World champion Car, won in Monaco. Just the fact that it was driven by Jackie and François makes it even cooler.
- 2015 Renault E.Dams - We had to fit an electric car, and why not one which has our logo on it. That car won everything possible that year. Simple yet efficient livery, designed in the Donington garage by the mechanics and Alain Prost himself after some experimental testing liveries were defined as Sangoku.
- Brabham BT52 - Ok Piquet beat Prost by 2 points with this car. But you have to recognise that it looks stunning, the proportions are just great. Gordon Murray design, you cannot really go wrong with that.
- 1993 Williams FW15 - Technically one of the most advanced car ever. Looks so slim and fit, was just before racing cars started to put on some weight and lift their nose up.